Contact Email and WeChat Group
For any questions related to CHPAMS 2nd Biennial Conference, please email Conference@CHPAMS.org. In addition, we established a WeChat group for timely communication and discussion among attendees. Attendees may coordinate with each other on transportation and housing. Please contact any CHPAMS Board members or email Conference@CHPAMS.org to join the group.
Travel Subsidy and Travel Fellowship for Students
With the generous support from the conference co-sponsors, $100 per person travel subsidy is available to all student presenters. Recipients of the travel subsidy must be current students who are registered CHPAMS members. To ensure an accurate count of participants for local accommodation, conference program and dining arrangements, we ask participants to pay their registration fees online by March 31, 2018. CHPAMS will distribute travel subsidy to student presenters during the conference.
In addition, a limited number of travel fellowships ($250 per person) is available to registered CHPAMS student members who pay the conference registration fee and whose abstract is accepted for oral presentations. Only one presenter per accepted abstract may be eligible for the travel fellowship. To apply, student presenters should email email@example.com by February 15, 2018. In your email, please use the subject line, “2018 CHPAMS Conference – Travel Award Application” and include the following information:
· Title of Presentation
· Proof of student status, e.g., a copy of student ID, or a letter from Department Head on official letterhead.
Decisions will be sent to applicants by March 1, 2018. Recipients will receive the travel fellowship as a check in US dollars during the conference.
Hotel and Transportation Options
Yale University is located in downtown New Haven. We have secured a block of rooms at preferential rates for CHPAMS Conference attendees at the New Haven Hotel (www.newhavenhotel.com), which is the closest to the conference location. The deadline to receive group rate is April 12, 2018. When making room reservation at New Haven Hotel, please use the following link to receive the preferential rates. The link will bring our guests right to the group booking page. Attendees may want to consider booking double queen beds rooms to share costs. https://reservations.travelclick.com/17714?groupID=2108365
In addition, several other hotels in New Haven are within walking distance from the conference center.
· Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale www.omninewhaven.com (0.3 mile to the conference center)
· The Study at Yale www.studyhotels.com (0.5 mile to the conference center)
· Courtyard New Haven at Yale www.marriott.com/hvndt (0.9 mile to the conference center)
· La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven www.lq.com (1.2 mile to the conference center, cheaper price, free shuttle bus to Yale campus)
· New Haven Village Suites www.newhavenvillagesuites.com (1.6 mile to the conference center)
Renting an Airbnb room is another option. There are plenty of Airbnb rooms in New Haven with prices lower than hotels. https://www.airbnb.com/
For air transportation, several airports are within 3 hours drive to Yale campus.
· John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) New York, NY (2 hrs without traffic)
· Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) Newark, NJ (2.5 hrs without traffic)
· Bradley International Airport (BDL) Hartford, CT (1 hr without traffic)
· LaGuardia International Airport (LGA) New York, NY (2 hrs without traffic)
· Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) Boston, MA (2.5 hrs without traffic)
· Tweed New Haven Airport (HVN) (20 minutes, taxi service to/from HVN around $15, only connecting Philadelphia International Airport)
JFK, EWR, BDL, LGA has hourly shuttle service to/from Yale campus. Attendees may book via
For detailed transportation information, including ground transportations, please visit https://livingnh.yale.edu/transportation-travel. We will also provide a detailed travel guide in Chinese. To coordinate transportation needs, please contact Ms. Xin Hu (firstname.lastname@example.org, WeChat ID: 627505166).
Acceptance Letters and Request for Invitation Letter
We have sent out acceptance letters to all accepted presenters. If you have not received an acceptance letter, please contact Drs. Zhuo (Adam) Chen (email@example.com) and Xi Chen (firstname.lastname@example.org). In addition, if you need specific invitation letters from CHPAMS for approval and/or VISA application purposes, please contact Drs. Zhuo (Adam) Chen and Xi Chen. We will provide an official invitation letter using the CHPAMS letter head.
Presentation Preparation and Submission
All oral presentations should be prepared using Microsoft PowerPoint. All PowerPoint files should be uploaded by May 8, 2018, to allow ample time to be loaded to the conference facility. If presenters have updated version after the upload, please bring the updated PPT on a USB drive to the conference.
During the conference, each presentation will have a 15-min time allotment. Please be mindful of the time limit while preparing your presentation.